The “Sea Museum” of San Benedetto del Tronto is located in the port area, surrounded by the lively Fish Market. It is divide into five different sections:
- The “Augusto Capriotti” Fish Museum, opened in 1956, which displays hundreds of fishes, seashells, corals, fossils, reptiles and sponges, donated by local fishermen;
- The “Antiquarium Truentinum”, a collection of relics and artifacts, from the Neolithic to the Medieval period, scrolling the history of the Piceno territory and its inhabitants over the centuries;
- The “Amphorae Museum”, a unique collection of amphorae of different types, traditions and periods, gathered throughout the Mediterranean Sea;
- The “Marine Tradition Museum of Marche Region”, which tells the story of the local fish economy and tradition, through various tools and sources, both written and oral.
- The “Sea Picture Gallery”, housed in a valuable XIX palace, whose paintings share the sea as common subject.